UIDAI has opened numerous Aadhar Card Centre across the length and breadth of the country. This has improved the accessibility of Aadhar for the citizen manifolds.
Aadhar card enrolment centre are places authorized by UIDAI, where one can go and apply for Aadhar enrolment. These are generally opened regionally. For enrolling for Aadhar, one has to register at these centres along with the necessary documents and for other formalities of the process. These centres are run by UIDAI appointed registrars, while there are some private players as well, who are authorized to carry out the enrolment processes.
Aadhar card has now become a nationally valid Id which can be used for availing almost all of the government facilities like LPG connection and opening bank accounts. Here is a simple process by which you can find your Aadhar Card Centre for Enrolment and book appointments.
Finding Aadhar Card Centre – Getting started
UIDAI has now made the addresses of all the Aadhar card centre available on their official online portal. So basically searching Enrolment centres is just a click away!
Here are the steps to locate the nearest Aadhar card enrolment centre to you:
- Visit the official UIDAI portal by clicking here. You will see various options. Click the ‘Locate Enrolment Centre‘ option.
- Here, at the Enrolment centre search page you will be required to enter the details of your address.
- Enter the state you live in, the district and your locality/ area.
- After submit the search results will appear below the search bar
- The search results give the following details about the nearest centre – Precise address, Name of the person you can contact, phone numbers, starting date of the centre and also the type of the centre.
- Before searching you can narrow your search down by selecting whether you want only Permanent or Temporary Aadhar card centre.
Since the centres can provide permanent or temporary enrolment, hence it is necessary to indicate that information.
Also some states and Union Territories of India come under a different list of NPR – National Population Register. The list of the states can be found in the same page. Registration for NPR include registration for Aadhar as well. Therefore if you belong to a NPR state, click here to proceed further.
Locating the Aadhar card enrolment centre nearest to you makes it easier for applying. You can also contact the concerned officials in case of any query.
Also, it is advisable you call up the centre before going there are from time to time these centres are shifted or closed and alternative centres are opened in their place. So it’s always better to be updated before going.
UIDAI portal has now made it possible to make an appointment for Aadhar enrolment to make the process much easier and convenient. Since enrolment take some time, locating centre might reduce a lot of time and effort.
Enrolment requires submission of a few documents and verification of details like address, biometric and Iris scans. The list of documents to be submitted for enrolment are given here for reference. To know more about the application forms and ways to obtain it you can click here. To get a step by step detailed procedure for enrolling for Aadhar card you can also click here.