The UIDAI also has an official web portal that facilitates the various important services like Aadhar Card Address Change, Name corrections and other updates to the Aadhar data. Only UIDAI is authorised to provide any kind of Aadhar or Aadhar related services.
It’s official update portal is called Self Service Update Portal (also known as SSUP). Using the SSUP, you can not only update your Aadhar card address, but, also the other details like:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
In this article, we present to you an accurate and to-the-point guide to on how to get done a quick Aadhar card address change online. This update of address in Aadhar could be easily carried out online (only on the official UIDAI web portal) or offline as well.
Recommended Read: Documents required for various Aadhar Card Applications – Click Here
Steps for Aadhar Card Address Change Online
If you have a mobile number which is linked to your Aadhar Card, then you can surely use the SSU Portal to update Aadhar Card address.
- Just visit the Self Service Update Portal by UIDAI from here: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your Aadhar Number.
- Enter the Captcha Code and then you’ll be taken to the ‘Data Update Request’ tab.
- Click on, ‘Send OTP‘.
- You would then receive a One Time Password on your registered mobile number.
- You will now see the page which will ask you to select the details to be changed – Select Address.
- Fill in the details of the Aadhar Card Address which had to be changed.
- Upload the Aadhar card address change documents. For your reference, we have mentioned the valid documents of address proofs below.
- On successful submission, you will recive and URN (Update Request Number) – Do keep this URN handy, as it will help to check your Update Status [explained below]
List of Aadhar Card Address Change Documents
You can upload any one of the following list of Aadhar card address change documents while initiating an online request for the same. Please note that the updated Aadhar card address would not reflect immediately, it would instead be subject to the decision of officials who review your application for the update of Aadhar details. But in our experience, until and unless the UIDAI find something fishy or strange about the Aadhar Card Address change request, address are typically updated within the stipulated time.
- Bank Statement/ Passbook with photo
- Voter ID Card
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead 17. NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Kissan Passbook
- Freedom Fighter Card
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
Requirements for Aadhar Card Address Change Online and Offline:
Before you go ahead and apply for Aadhar Card Address Change Online, here are few mandatory requirements you will require without which you cannot proceed with online updation.
- Scanned copy of any of the accepted proof of new address to be updated (for the verification of your updated address. Further details are mentioned below).
- Aadhar Card Number (To login to the UIDAI’s Self Service Update Portal).
- A mobile no. linked to your Aadhar Card number (to which the OTP would be sent).
- To know how to add mobile number to your Aadhar card, click here.
In case you do not have any mobile number registered with your Aadhar Card, you would not be able to apply for Aadhar Card address change online. In this case, you would have to visit the nearest Aadhar Card Kendra and talk to the concerned officials who would help you obtain the Aadhar details updation request form (to be filled manually). This form could also be downloaded online and then once all the fields are filled, the same is to be sent to either of the following 2 addresses:
- UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
- UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Make sure that you attach the one of the accepted Aadhar Card address change documents (list to be given in the following section).
How to Check the Aadhar Card Address Change Status?
Upon submitting the application to Update Aadhar Card address, you shall be able to check the status of your update request on the SSUP itself. You would need your Aadhar Number along with your URN, to check the status. If you have both of these mentioned details, you can visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status and go ahead with an updated status of your updation request.
Note: We strongly recommend you to add your correct mobile number to your Aadhar Card. If in any case you are require to update your number, you can refer our quick and easy guide on how to update mobile number in Aadhar.