Aadhar is a well known and most powerful identification number and today we will show you how to use Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal and also the procedure for aadhar card update status check.
As we all know Aadhaar card is a 12-digit individual identification number that is given to each and every citizen of India by Unique Identification Authority Of India (UIDAI) on behalf of Government of India.
Unique Identification Authority Of India has launched a online portal that is Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal which makes things easier, faster and more convenient for the users.Now through this portal candidates can not only do Aadhar card update status check but can also change their Name, Surname, D.O.B etc.
There are two methods in which you can update your aadhaar details on Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal one of which is through online procedure and the other is through post.
Steps to use Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal:
For ONLINE Submission:
- Mobile number is a must and should requirement to use Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.
- If you have registered mobile number at the time of your aadhar registration then enter your aadhaar number in the space provided and hit “Get OTP” button,which sends an OPT to your mobile number.
- If you haven’t registered your mobile number then you will have to either visit nearest aadhaar center of send update request by post.
- Enter OPT and login to Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.
- Select all the fields which you wish to change /correct.Selecting more than one is possible.
- Fill in all the fields with current and correct details in English as well as your local language.
- Based on the fields you have updated /corrected attach scanned copies of original supporting documents. Click here to view supporting documents.
- For E-mail ID, Mobile and Gender Change–No documents Required to be submitted.
- Check all the details twice or thrice and make sure everything’s fine,then click submit button.
- Note down the Update Request Number(URN) which enable you to track your request online.
For Submission through POST:
- Download the Aadhaar update/correction form.Click here.Find details here.
- Fill in the form correctly and mention Correct Mobile Number. Mobile number is mandatory for applications via post.
- Based on the fields you have updated /corrected attach Self attested(self-signed) supporting documents as per List of Valid documents.
- In case child is below 5 years parent/guardian should sign on the documents.
- Mention Aadhaar Number and type of document (PoI/PoA/DoB) on all the scanned copies attached.
- Label the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top and seal it properly.
- Send the envelope to one of the below addresses.
Resident may send across their update requests through post to one of the addresses mentioned below:
- Address I – UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
- Address II – UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Aadhar Card Update Status Check:
Once you have your Update Request Number(URN).
Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal click here and just enter your Aadhaar number and the URN and click get status to see the exact position your where your update request is .
Find more details on status check here. Follow these steps to update your Aadhaar details through the most effective portal easily.
Hope this information helps you. If ever you have any query please comment below.