Changes to Aadhar Card’s data can be made online and using post. However, the better option is updating data online, since it’s quick and convenient. The UIDAI’s ‘Self- Service Update Portal’ (SSUP) is an easy way to update the information collected during enrollment. You can update Name, Address, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID using this portal. Any other type of update requires you to visit the nearest enrollment/update center. So, let’s check the quick and easy process to Change Aadhar Card Address Online.
For a detailed page on Updating any information in Aadhar [Online as well as Offline], simply click here.
Change Aadhar Card Address Online:
Visit the ‘Self-Service portal’ to update your address. You will require your Aadhar number and the registered mobile number and an address proof supporting the change of information.
If you do not have a registered mobile number with Aadhar, then you will have to do the process offline by visiting the nearest enrolment centre – Find enrolment centre here.
1. Login to the SSUP portal:
Visit the Self Service Update Portal’s Online Update page, by clicking here. Now follow the steps mentioned below.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhar number.
- Enter the Captcha in the ‘Text Verification’ box.
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number.
2. Data Update Request:
- Choose ‘Address’ to update details of your new address.
- Write complete new address in English.
- As you add the address in English, the corresponding fields will show translated address in local language being automatically updated.
- Using C/O, S/O, D/O, W/O
- To include Guardian/ Parent/Spouse Name as part of the address, select the Address correction option. Select appropriate box in c/o details and enter the name of the person in the subsequent field. C/O details can be updated as a part of Address update, i.e. they can be done in the same update request, together.
- Providing c/o details while updating address in Aadhaar is not mandatory.
- If you want to only update c/o details, you still have to fill the complete address and upload the address proof. If c/o details are not mentioned in your PoA document, it’s still fine.
3. Uploading of relevant documents:
Upload the coloured, scanned copy of the original, relevant proof of address, such as:
- Utility bills with your name like Gas, Electricity, Water etc.
- MTNL or BSNL telephone bills
- Public Sector Banks’ Photo Passbook
- Driving License
For more list of valid address proof documents, click here.
IMPORTANT: Coloured Copies of Originals should be scanned and uploaded – Photocopies will not be accepted.
4. BPO Service Provider Selection:
The BPO service provider you select will deliver your updated Aadhar card. Ensure you select the one with the fastest Processing Time.
5. Note the Change Aadhar Card Address Online Update Request Number:
Note down the Update Request Number for future references and download the acknowledgement copy. You can use this URN to track the update status of your Aadhar card.
Only after verification and validation of the supporting data, the Aadhar update is processed. Verification of new information may be made and your update status will be notified. If you do not hear anything after 3-4 weeks, check the status and download an updated eAadhar card.